Many homemakers would have the same opinion as me when I say that one of my favorite rooms in my house is the kitchen. As a homeowner, I feel satisfaction in the interior of my house, especially for the fact that I personally selected my furniture, appliances, and generally how it would look inside.
Among the rooms that I designed, my greatest pride is the kitchen. I have seen many kitchens throughout the years from friends and family’s houses. Some enormous, some just about ok to cook a decent meal for a small family. In all these occasions I would inspect the kitchen cabinets and design my own in my mind. Then the time finally came: my own kitchen.
During the design phase, I carefully extracted the mind notes I have collected in the past. I was decided that I will have wood kitchen cabinets. Besides, most of the kitchens I saw have all wood kitchen cabinets. As I was told, they were to last for many years. I thought however that I should look at other options fist to get the best savings. I considered laminates, PVC, compressed wood, and even stainless steel. Finally my earlier decision was confirmed: wood it is. Now, after two years, my all wood kitchen cabinets are still perfect.
Advantages of Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Wood kitchen cabinets are still the most popular choice today. Here’s why:
- Durable – All wood kitchen cabinets lasts many years. It is tough and durable and will be able to support anything you will place inside your cabinets and drawers or on top or your kitchen counters. Unlike particle boards and MDF, wood cabinets will not swell or sag over time.
- Reasonably priced – RTA or ready to assemble all wood kitchen cabinets can be a lot cheaper compared to any other cabinet make or material. Many manufacturers offer a wide selection of high quality wood. Oak and maple are the most popular choices.
- Functional – With modern innovation and technology, RTA wood kitchen cabinets offers better efficiency. You will not need to hire a contractor as you can assemble the cabinets yourself.
- Stylish – A kitchen with all wood kitchen cabinets, no matter what the shades or finishes are, adds sophistication to your entire house. The wood texture makes the cabinets unique. It will never go out of style. You can select from a variety of wood selections and stains.
- Reliable – Unlike metal cabinets, wooden cabinets will not affect the food kept in it.
Your kitchen is undoubtedly one of the most visited, used, and abused room in your house. Unlike you living room where you can easily replace the worn out couches or broken glass stands, your kitchen cabinets will be installed and will stay in your kitchen for a number of years. If you are looking for quality, reliability and durability, all wood kitchen cabinets is your best choice. Because of its many advantages, your hard earned money will surely get its value. Finally, the beauty of your kitchen cabinets will set a good price to your house when it is time to sell it.