When buying your new cabinets, you must take into consideration the kind of space you’ll need to store all of your pots and pans, dishware, and cookbooks. There will be lots of storage possibilities in your new kitchen; be sure to make optimal use of your space by purchasing the right cabinets, choosing the right upgrades, and finding the right accessories to meet your needs. While many of these amenities used to be reserved for more expensive custom cabinetry, all of them are now standard pieces in any line of affordable, discount kitchen cabinets.
Choose the Right Cabinets
- The rotating shelves of a Lazy Susan conveniently hold your biggest pieces of kitchenware while allowing you easy access to everything in your cabinet. Install one in your corner base cabinet for your pots and pans or in your corner wall cabinet to hold your extra cups and bowls.
- Utilize the wall space above your refrigerator buy installing a wall refrigerator cabinet to store the Tupperware or other kitchen goods that you won’t be using as often.
- Make use of the corner space between your wall and base cabinets by installing an appliance garage. Use this area to keep your small everyday appliances out of sight.
- Unsure of where to place your microwave? Move your microwave off of your countertop and conveniently place it at eye level by installing a microwave wall cabinet.
Make the Right Upgrades
- Choose a base cabinet with roll-out trays instead of shelves for easier access to your hard-to-reach cookware in the back of your cabinet.
- Install a wall pull-out equipped with a spice rack. This convenient installation organizes your spices while keeping them in your line of sight
- Never seem to have enough drawer space? Some lines of discount kitchen cabinets offer wall cabinets with extra built-in drawers on the bottom for your extra kitchen accessories.
Show Off Your Best Kitchenware
- Give your guests a peek inside of your cabinets. Install glass doors in some of your wall cabinets to offer a view of your best china. Install lighting inside of your cabinets to illuminate your dishware even more.
- If glass doors aren’t your thing, show off your plates by installing a plate rack. Position the plate rack above or near your sink for an added convenience.
- A wine rack provides the perfect space for your best bottles of wine while adding an interesting look to an otherwise boring row of wall cabinets. Install a glass holder underneath to show off your stemware while adding a nice visual touch.
It’s More Than An Island
- Turn your boring island into your own personal cooking space by installing a cooktop.
- Equip your island cooktop with everything you need for making a meal; install a cutting board, a sink, or a pull-out trash bin for your convenience.
- Consider placing open shelves to the side of your island to store your cookbooks or decorative pieces.
If you found this information useful please click the “LIKE” button below.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!