For major kitchen remodel projects, it’s almost always necessary to hire a professional designer to help you through the process. If you’ve never had to work with a designer before, you may not be quite sure which questions to ask. To help make your life easier, we’ve compiled these six basic tips to keep in mind when working with a designer:
- Request to see photos from recent jobs to get an idea of your designer’s style. If you feel it necessary, you can also ask to speak to past clients about their experience working with the designer.
- Ask for a complete description of the design and remodel process to get a clear picture of what to expect.
- Always discuss your budget and any financial limitations up front so that your designer can work within your budget. Also ask how they plan to charge you.
- Ask how you’ll be visualizing your new space. Most designers now offer computer drawings with 3D representations to help you best visualize your kitchen.
- Be clear on which products your designer will supply and which ones you’ll have to purchase on your own. Also ask if they will be providing or referring you to a licensed contractor for installation.
- Discuss your projected project timeline and come to a clear understanding of how long your remodel should take.