Universal Design Tips For Your kitchen:
- Provide enough space in base cabinets to allow room for wheelchairs.
- Have differing counter heights and incorporate pull-out boards that lock in place for use as extra counter space.
- Mount faucets to the right or left of the sink instead of behind it.
- Install appliances at reachable levels for efficient removal of food. Consider installing single ovens side-by-side and microwave ovens, microwave ovens 8 to 10 inches off the finished counter..
- Elevate dishwashers for accessibility or use dishwasher drawers placed on either side of the sink. Front-loading laundry washers and dryers can also be elevated.
- Choose appliances with easy-to-read controls for safety.
For more ideas on universal designs for your kitchen visit www.stockcabinetexpress.com